We Make It EasyPassports

Step 2 • Prepare The Required Documents

Lost or Stolen Passport Application

DS-11 Online

Fill out new passport application form online. Click on "Continue" under "Apply for a Passport Book" column, complete all required fields and print out the application. Do not sign the application form. The original form must be signed in front of the Acceptance Agent. To find the nearest Acceptance Agent, use U.S. Department of State Acceptance Agent Locator. The DS-11 form must be completed online, applications without a barcode will be delayed. If you have questions or need assistance, contact your WPV specialist at 1.800.795.0720.

Letter of Authorization

Download, print out, sign and date this letter of authorization. Important: Please enclose an additional copy of the Letter of Authorization outside of the envelope sealed by the Acceptance Agent.

Two (2) Passport Photos

Photos must be identical, taken within the past 6 months, 2x2 inches, and not from a vending machine. Please use professional photographers specializing in passport photos. Print services stores such as FedEx Kinko's usually provide this type of service. For any questions related to U.S. passport requirements please contact our passport services specialists at 1.800.795.0720.

Proof of U.S. Citizenship

  • Original Birth Certificate (if born in the United States);
  • or Previously issued (undamaged) U.S. passport;
  • or Original Certificate of Citizenship or FS-240, DS-1350 (if born outside the US);
  • or Original Certificate of Naturalization issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Office.

NOTE:All originals will be returned to you with newly issued passport.

Proof of Identity

  • Previous U.S. passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as proof of identity).
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Certificate of Citizenship
  • Current, valid 1) Driver's license issued more than 6 months ago or 2) Government ID: city, state, federal or 3) Military ID: military and dependents

NOTE: your Social Security Card does not prove your identity.

If you changed your legal name by way of marriage or otherwise you will need to provide evidence of the name change: a certified copy of either

  • A marriage certificate, or
  • A name change court decree.

Travel Itinerary

  • Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country, or
  • Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant's name showing dates and flight information, or if neither is available and traveling for business.
  • A letter from the employer.

For 1-2 business day passport service, travel dates must be within 14 days when a visa is required to the country of destination; otherwise, dates must be within 5 days.

Government Fees

Certified Check or money order payable to the "U.S. Department of State"

Government fees are subject to change, consult your World Passport ans Visas Specialist for current information.

Getting the Documents Authorized

Congratulations! Your almost done. Once you have all your documents contact your World Passport and Visas specialist to review everything and make sure it's in order for authorization.


Next StepShip Documents and Processing